Here we are, about 1 year into Keto and we have a few more favorites that we would like to share with all of you. After much trial and error, here are the items that made it past our taste buds!
Items you can buy in-store or online:
- Swerve Brown Sugar
- This stuff is a great substitute for anything that calls for brown sugar! I do not taste a difference and the ratio is 1:1. Best part is that it has zero carbs!
- Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- Same with this one, super great for baking and has zero carbs!
- Costco Protein Bars
- These have been a life saver for us. Jon loves protein bars and eats a least one a day. These taste great, are low in carbs and only about $1.00 per bar, making this a win, win in our book.
- Detour Protein Bars
- These are equally as delicious, low in carbs and when on sale run about $1.00 per bar.
- Southern Keto Cookbook
- This cookbook has been a life saver! It has amazing recipes and is very informative. If you are going to buy one cookbook, make it this one.
- This has been the best find by far! One thing I missed so much was pasta. We tried impastable, and all I have to say is gross! This pasta on the other hand is delicious and I can’t taste any difference between regular pasta and this one. It is a bit higher in carbs but if you plan your day out just right, you can work it out so that you can fit this in and still be within your macros.
- Taco Holders
- Another fun find! We saw somewhere, probably on pinterest, that people were making taco shells out of cheese. I did a little bit of research and found these taco holders which also work as perfect taco shell molds!
- Matcha MTC Oil Powder
- I can’t take the credit for this one. My sister who recently started the keto diet found this and shared it with me. I knew as soon as she told me about it that I needed to buy some and OMG this is a game changer! You get all the fun of a matcha latte without all the guilt and the added benefit of MCT oil! I make myself a latte a day for the most part. Don’t worry I will post a recipe soon!